Jan 1, 2009

A little bit about ms. karen

Photobucket 
I am a mom.  mommy.  mama.  wife.  follower of Jesus.  And I love every second of it.  My sweet peas are growing up and that means I am getting older.  Yikes.

My first love?  Relationships.  With Jesus.  My family.  My friends.  I'm such a sentimental gal.  Show me a picture and I will show you a scrapbook.  When the kids were real little I would journal every day.  I also love antiques.  Especially the ones from family.  Those are the best.
 
Before I was a mommy I was a teacher. Elementary.  3rd grade.  Title One.  That's another one of my loves.  Teaching.  That's why I now substitute teach.  It's so much fun!  I always say substitute teaching is like being the favorite aunt.  You come in, have fun with the kiddos for the day, teach them a little something new, wipe a few runny noses, break up a few arguments.  Then you leave.  And if you are lucky enough, you get to make a visit or two again.

And then there is sewing.  Handstitching, really.  Creating.  That's all a love too.  A Perfect Treasure.  My business is named that because I want to create that special little treasure for you.  One that you will cherish and know that it was made with love.  One little stitch at a time.


Where can you find my sweet little treasures?
 *Mommyshop at 148th and Metcalf in Overland Park* and of course on etsy and Facebook!

email me aperfecttreasure@yahoo.com