Aug 17, 2009

The Launch!



Welcome to A Perfect Treasure! I am finally launching a blog to showcase wearables that I love to create. I have been hand-stitching away for nearly 5 years and with my youngest off to Kindergarten, it's time to get serious about getting techy.
I started making onesies as baby gifts for my friends. I liked the look and feel of chenille fabric and loved the idea of a personal gift. The designs were simple, a heart for a girl, a star for a boy, with the baby's name written underneath. In fact, these are still my most popular personalized designs.
Poor Alaina, she was my first victim. I am sure if I saw that onesie today I may be a little horrified at the slant or spacing of letters. But then again, I could recognize the patience and determination it took to carefully handstitch her name.
Today I have branched out to many more designs and the soft, cuddly feel of minky fabric. What a wide variety of colors and patterns! And it's not just onesies anymore. As the babies I started stitching for several years ago have grown, so has my product line. One of my favorite color combinations is hot pink with the zebra print. It makes a darling flower for a baby or a sassy toddler!
As I look back over my stitching journal and through the many names I have stitched, from Jack to Dalton to Ella to Vaya it's amazing just how far this little adventure has come. I think about each of those little ones and the precious gift they are. Recently I stitched a onesie for BeccaHope. I don't know BeccaHope and I find myself wondering about her, her story, her mom and dad. As with each personalized onesie, I pray for BeccaHope and thank God for her life. That's why I chose the name "a perfect treasure." I know that handstitching doesn't guarantee perfect. In fact, next to a machine stitched name, it could look far from it! But I do know that each gift was thoughtfully made... lovingly made.. one stitch at a time.


No comments:

Post a Comment