Aug 24, 2011

this is fun?

Most people's families get together to share Sunday dinners, maybe meet up at the lake or local hot spot. What does our extended family do? Have a garage sale. Yep. I know. Makes no sense at all that I haul my treasures 2 1/2 hours. Yes. You read right. 2 1/2 hours. 
Why, oh why? It's definitely not about the cash.  More moolah is spent on gas driving there and back than what is pulled in. But, we get to enjoy Aunt Angie's delish cinnamon rolls (do I dare mention I had two?), reminisce about all the goodies that are up for sale and question each other's decision to get rid of something.

I get to spend time with my cousins, my kiddos host a rockin' lemonade stand and we laugh at how impractical we are. Yes, it would be easier to donate it all. But we'd miss out on the memories of our quirky family time.




10 comments:

  1. hi! i'm stopping by from the wiegand's! :) excited to have found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the photo on your header is way too cute. It reminds me of my two sis and me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it! sounds like fun and your kids will have fun remembering how cool it all was.

    xoxo
    ashley

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that idea.. I think it's so great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds like good fun to me. those days are always a little entertaining and you need people around that make you smile otherwise it would be a long day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's hilarious! I love me a good garage sale though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Even Grandmas have a super special time - what?? you're selling that beautiful macrame pot holder I made for you????

    ReplyDelete
  8. cute lemonade stand.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is absolutely precious. :o)

    Family time is awesome.

    ♥Jazmin

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, I didn't expect to see people I know in your photo. Again, what a small world.

    ReplyDelete